English • Español
SIEBOT is a mobile robotics platform developed based on the SIE board, this platforms is meant to be a didactic tool for learning and teaching technologies such as robotics, mechatronics embedded systems and others related technology subjects. It's been developed entirely in the Universidad Nacional de Colombia. The project is currently lead and developed by the mechatronics students Erwin José López and Juan José Díaz Vecchio, with support from Ing. Daniel Jimenez and the professors Carlos Iván Camargo Bareño and Jorge Iván Sofrony Esmeral. Currently SIEBOT2 is being developed, and improved, lower cost version of SIEBOT.
What is SIEBOT?
SIEBOT is made of a mobile robotics programmable platform with a programming interface made in java that makes easy the programming of it in a basic level. At follows its described its components in detail.
Mobile Platform Specifications
- It uses the SIE board has its main core, inheriting all its functionality functionality.
- Linux O.S. OpenWRT.
- Expansion board to connect several sensors and actuators, giving an easy to use and connect solution for power and connectivity issues.
- DC power feed from 2.95 to 12 Volts.
- Dedicated H-bridge to control the motors (control signals TTL Logic levels, 3.3 Volts // motor feed 7 Volts), ref MPC17529.
- 2 Gear Box Motors with torque of 1 Kg-cm
- 2 Quadrature rotational encoders.
- 2 infrared sensors capable connectors (amplification stage included))
- 4 servomotors connection.
- 12 I/O digital signal connectors (TTL Logic levels, 0-3.3 Volts)
- 8 analog inputs for 10 bits ADC (TTL Logic levels, 0-3.3 Volts)
- RS-232 capable pins for GPS and other sensors.
Programming interface specifications
- Development based on the OpenBlocks project, started in the MIT.
- JAVA Based interface.
- Connection by USB port.
- Connection made in software by SSH (embedded in JAVA by sshj).
A lower cost, production ready version of SIEBOT is being developed called SIEBOT2, reducing size and improving performance including an application ARM SoC and an MCU ARM. All the developments and changes are being published in the SIEBOT2 site..
|Current State||TODO list|
- Introductory Video.
Main characteristics of the SIEBOT explained, from the mobile platform to the monitoring interface, the programming interface and the use of devices (GPS)
- OPENBLOCKS Interface.
JAVA based, OpenBlocks based programming interface for the SIEBOT explained
- QT Monitoring Interface.
QT based movement registering graphical interface for the SIEBOT
- Mobile Robotics Platform.
Mobile robotics platform explained for the SIEBOT
- Test Drive.